At TOALSON, we take manufacturing seriously. We have long used strings mainly produced in our factory in Oita, Japan to deliver high quality products to tennis players around the world. In doing so, we have reached our 60 year anniversary and are now starting a brand new first year. Our theme at this turning point is "The spirit lives on." It expresses our desire to cultivate that spirit and spread it further, extending the TOALSON philosophy in an unbroken line. Where exactly the spirit goes on to depends on the person. Wherever your spirit goes, we will be there beside you earnestly facing the future, continuing to produce revolutionary products. Please expect new TOALSON,roche, and RAIGLON.
CEO Shinya Tani
- Aug 1956
- Established with company name Toa Co., Ltd.
- Dec 1956
- Company name changed to Toa Gosen Co., Ltd. and established affiliation with Toyo Cotton Co., Ltd (now Tomen Corporation) and Nippon Rayon Co., Ltd. (now Unitika Ltd.).
- June 1957
- Factory newly established in Motoyama-Cho, Higashinada Ward, Kobe City. Began manufacturing strings for tennis and badminton rackets using nylon threads provided by Nippon Rayon.
- Apr 1959
- Headquarter relocated to Motoyama-Cho, Higashinada Ward, Kobe City.
- Apr 1965
- Export Division established, and began exporting strings for tennis, squash, and badminton rackets to the US, Europe, and South East Asian countries.
- July 1966
- Became an exclusive agent for the sale of nylon threads manufactured by Asahi Kasei Corporation, and began the processing and sale of nylon threads.
- Mar 1967
- Increased capital to 10 million yen.
- May 1968
- Acquired a 19,800 m2 land and 3,300 m2 building in Kariyado, Kitsuki City, Oita Prefecture. Relocated the main factory and the Morie Factory to the new location, establishing the Oita Factory.
- Mar 1974
- Became an endorsed maker of Nippon Badminton Association.
- Apr 1979
- New building erected in Yagumodoori, Chuo Ward, Kobe City and headquarter moved to the new building.
- May 1980
- Became an officially recognized maker of the Japan Soft Tennis Association.
- June 1980
- Increased capital to 30 million yen.
- Oct 1980
- Became an endorsed maker for the Japan Tennis Association.
- May 1981
- Changed company name to Toa Strings Co., Ltd.
- Apr 1983
- Became a member of the Kansai Sporting Goods Industrial Association.
- May 1983
- Established the Tokyo Branch.
- June 1990
- Became a member of the Tokyo Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association.
- May 1998
- Built a new warehouse for the headquarter and expanded the four-story RC construction distribution center (338.9 m2) located in Shinonome.
- Aug 2006
- Celebrated the company’s 50th Anniversary.
- Aug 2016
- Celebrated the company’s 60th Anniversary.
- Aug 2017
- Changed trading name to TOALSON.
Our logomarks and logotypes take forms that are based on the place that is the most familiar and sacred to us: the tennis court.
The concept of the TOALSON logotype and logomark is “on the court,” an extension of our new tagline “the spirit lives on.” Through this concept, it is our hope that TOALSON will be the field on which that spirit lives.